Friday, April 23, 2010

A few tidbits...

From an article found on MLive.com;
Johnstone, who's married and has seven children, also credited Elton for being "unbelievably supportive" as a friend over the past 39 years.

"I couldn't ask for more from what I've gotten from this career. The chance to continue bringing music to people is great," he said. "It's kind of scary to think I'm in my late 50s and there's still more that I'd like to do."

So, Johnstone strongly endorses Elton's ongoing recording project with Leon Russell, one of rock's most influential pianists, even though the guitarist hasn't taken part in the T Bone Burnett-produced album.

"I've just been giving my support to it. He (Elton) played me all the stuff recently. It's admirable to do a project like this because it's given Leon a new lease on life," Johnstone said of Russell, 68, who's suffered health problems and recently underwent brain surgery. Cameron Crowe, he said, has been filming some studio sessions.

"I think it's revived him, just the interest they've shown Leon," he said. "It's a beautiful project."





Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: