Friday, April 23, 2010

Elton John to Ryan White in Washington Post

So you think this is a love letter from one dear friend to another? Maybe, but not as much as you'd think...

Elton John's letter to Ryan White, 20 years after his death from AIDS

By Sir Elton John
Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dear Ryan,

Twenty years ago this month, you died of AIDS. I would gladly give my fame and fortune if only I could have one more conversation with you, the friend who changed my life as well as the lives of millions living with HIV. Instead, I have written you this letter.

I remember so well when we first met. A young boy with a terrible disease, you were the epitome of grace. You never blamed anyone for the illness that ravaged your body or the torment and stigma you endured.



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: