Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Britt/John duet moves up to #43 on Billboard Country Chart

The Catherine Britt/Elton John duet "Where We Both Say Goodbye" moves up 6 notches to #43 on the Billboard Country Charts. A good article over at AngryCountry.com covers how the song came about.

Of the pairing, Catherine explains how the duet came about. “Ever since we met, Elton and I have stayed in touch and one night I just wrote an email and asked him if he would sing on my record. He wrote back and said he would love to. He called me one day to ask what kind of song I wanted to do together, and when I told him I thought it would be cool to do a real country duet, he said, ‘I was hoping you’d say that.’ Elton just loves country music.”

“So I sent him George and Tammy, Conway and Loretta, things like that, and he said, ‘Put some originals in there that could be duets.’ So I did, and he told me, ‘They’re all great but I love your song.’ This was, of course, a huge honor. We did the tracking, so all we had to do was get his vocal, and then we went in the studio and sang it live, to each other. I think that had a lot to do with the way he really got into my vibe and my style, because how often does Elton John do that? But he came into my world for a minute, and then you start to hear some of the phrasing and you think ah, there it is, there’s Elton John. It’s so different, I love it.”

No comments: