Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Elton working with PNAU on followup to "Cold Heart"

Not sure how I feel about this.  I thought "Cold Heart" was dreadful when I first heard it and its still on the charts nearly a year later and has become Elton's biggest hit in decades. Now my opinion is it's fine.  I'll listen if it comes on the radio but I don't choose to listen to it. I suppose it's great that the younger generations are listening to Elton again but I figured it was a one-off success.

Now its reported he is working with PNAU on a followup that may come out next month for the summer with a "secret superstar' presumably a current popular artist.

Read the story here.


1 comment:

Bradley Eaton said...

Thanks for this information! If Elton is working with PNAU again, then I'm ready for it! It may not be an uptempo song like "Cold Heart" is. It might be a bit slower like some of the ones on their "Good Morning To The Night" album from 2012. To be honest, I wasn't a fan of "Cold Heart" for the first couple of months after its release, but it grew on me and now I love it. A lot of songs from "The Lockdown Sessions" also took a bit of getting used to, but I enjoy it like I do any of Elton's own albums. I believe we won't get another Elton John solo album until he's ready to do it again. I think it's a matter of him wanting to experiment and collaborate with other younger or older artists. We have 6 decades of Elton John material to enjoy. If "The Lockdown Sessions" has been a success for Elton, I think he'll probably want to keep riding that wave for a little while longer, even if it means an album or two like "Lockdown Sessions". I know we have Elton John fans who prefer Elton to stick to his own sound, band and always write with Bernie Taupin, but I feel that would stifle his creativity, which has probably been a part of why all this collaborations activity has happened. I can't wait to see who the secret superstar is, and whether they're new or older. Sorry for a long comment, but just wanted to put my thoughts across. Hope you have a great week.